The assignment is to be submitted as a Case Study Report
This case study must be clear and concise and include a summary of analysis and recommendations
All your work must be supported with research and referenced correctly using the Harvard Referencing System (or an alternative referencing system). Inaccurate use of referencing may lead to issues of plagiarism if not applied correctly. The recommended word limit for the briefing paper is 1,500–2,000 words, although you will not be penalized for going under or exceeding the total word limit.
Unit Learning Outcomes for PART ONE:
LO1 Explain the role of marketing and how it interrelates with other business units of an organization
LO2 Compare ways in which organizations use elements of the marketing mix to achieve overall business objectives
Assignment activity and guidance
Uber Eats is a food delivery service, offering app-based ordering and facilitating delivery through its own driver network from local restaurant kitchens, as well as exclusive virtual restaurants.
You are a Junior Marketing Officer, working in the Marketing Department of Uber Eat. Your role encompasses new network development. As part of your new role, you have been asked to provide a case study of app-based food delivery business in the UK. Your case study should consist of a brief overview of the current market trends/concepts, and key marketing functions within the selected organization. It should further illustrate how marketing interrelates with other functional areas within the business organization.
The case study should cover the following:
- Introduce to the current marketing trends and to the concept of marketing for Uber Eats
- Analyze the roles and responsibilities of marketing and the competencies required to succeed
- Explain how the marketing function works and interacts with other departments
- Analyze how this interrelationship supports the wider organizational context in terms of vision, mission, and purpose
- Provide critical reflection on, and insight into, the internal and external factors that influence on marketing functions
- Identify the extended marketing mix of Uber Eats and compare it with Just Eat’s
- Evaluate the marketing strategies and tactical approaches adopted by Uber Eats and how they contribute to the success of the organizations in meeting their overall business objectives
- Provide conclusions and a set of justified recommendations on what the company can learn and implement regarding their marketing strategy
PART TWO: Submission format
Students will submit a Marketing Plan that addresses the set brief.
A detailed Media Plan needs to be fully integrated into the overall marketing plan. This should be written in a business style format, making use of heading and sub-headings, and using business language.
The recommended word limit is 1,200–1,500 words, although you will not be penalized for exceeding the total word limit.
Unit Learning Outcomes for PART TWO
LO3 Produce a Marketing Plan for an organization that meets marketing objectives
LO4 Develop a Media Plan to support a marketing campaign for an organization
Assignment activity and guidance
Now your line manager wants to test your skills and knowledge of app-based delivery business for Uber Eats.
He wants you to produce a detailed, coherent evidence-based Strategic Marketing Plan for the organization and that should include the following as minimum:
- Select a product/product of the organization you have chosen for a marketing plan
- Develop marketing objectives
- Conduct evidence-based market scan for your product/products
- Develop effective market strategy to achieve the objectives which should include the following:
- Strategy over 7 Ps of marketing for the chosen product/products. Compare and evaluate them with a competitive product
- Market Segmentation, Target and Position Analysis
You also need to develop a Media Plan that supports the planned marketing campaign, this will include:
- a media budget
- recommendations and rationale for selected and integrated multi-media activities within the set budget that meets the marketing objectives
- appropriate digital, offline, and social media channels for communication
- full justification for a multi-media plan based on quantitative and qualitative criteria